V6 Crankshafts

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Delta5

Post by Delta5 »

My concerns are that in winter with 380hp on wet or slippery roads it will be a little “too” alive, our daily drive is an IPace which has high level of grip in all conditions. We did drive the 575 AWD on the Jaguar test track very impressive but way over the top.

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Delta5 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:50 pm My concerns are that in winter with 380hp on wet or slippery roads it will be a little “too” alive, our daily drive is an IPace which has high level of grip in all conditions. We did drive the 575 AWD on the Jaguar test track very impressive but way over the top.
Each to their own of course
I drive the 380 S in all weather and have never missed having AWD, and it has the LSD, but equally I don't have a daily commute that could require using it in snow and ice.
In the 575 there's all that extra power to both overcome the AWD sapping and much greater need to be able to put it down.
Certainly try the 380 AWD before you commit

iPace is a nice toy and you do need the twin motor set up on that.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Delta5 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:50 pm My concerns are that in winter with 380hp on wet or slippery roads it will be a little “too” alive, our daily drive is an IPace which has high level of grip in all conditions. We did drive the 575 AWD on the Jaguar test track very impressive but way over the top.
These are valid concerns and it's a reason why I've not decided to tune my RWD P340. I daily it all year round except when it's icy and snowy. At 340bhp and 450nm of torque I think it's very balanced and it allows me to play more and push it to the limits on bendy roads. So maybe, you may want to look into this slightly tuned down V6 version. On the right gear, I'm never short of power and I'm probably faster than 90% of the other cars on the road.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
Delta5

Post by Delta5 »

Food for thought, thanks guys
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

simple, just use the snow and ice button
Sulliana

Post by Sulliana »

The P380s seem to be holding up better. Haven't heard of many crank issues with them compared to the diesels. If you're considering one, it’s probably a safer bet in that regard.
scm

Post by scm »

Test drive both AWD and RWD and see which suits you best. You've got to test drive as many as you can! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

For people saying rwd is dodgy and i'd go for awd as its safer, what a load of rubbish.
Its the driver thats the problem not the car, i have 650hp and rwd and drive it in the wet if i have to with no problems.
Its all about throttle control.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp