Pano' Roof - Why ?

Anything F-Type related......
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

I echo the statements by others regarding the open & airy feel that the pano brings to the cabin.

Also, as my F-Type has the Black Pack, I feel that the pano roof complements and completes the look.

20240708_112548.jpg

V6S RWD Coupé (MY16)
Italian Racing Red w/Black Pack & Pano-roof
Loads of toys & goodies... but no heated seats :?:

Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

As others have commented personal choice for me I tested car without pano roof I liked the interior roof detail but cabin felt dark, tested car with pano roof was no brainier for me ok I loose some roof detail but gain more light and option to close if I want, I have black pack on my car and love the way the black pano window continues through the top of the car

IMG_3880.jpeg

c66f48c9-2e5e-4883-a62a-c3e524a37fb7.jpeg

Back in the saddle (well seat) 2024 P450 Firenze red 3rd time lucky 🤞
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

No pano for me

IMG_20230215_075746.jpg

MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire
KM69MZX

Post by KM69MZX »

Steveglenlee wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:29 pm No pano for me
Love the dark sapphire colour 👌🏻
MY2018, P380, AWD in British Racing Green and howls like a demented werewolf :twisted:
KM69MZX

Post by KM69MZX »

It's an interesting mix of agreeing that a pano roof spoils the look, followed by a complete contradiction that it enhances the look :lol:

As with all such posts, we're all different, and that's a good thing. There's no right or wrong answer. It's just personal preference.

I like my cabin just fine without the light and airy feel (it's a gorgeous place to sit). No feelings of darkness or claustrophobia - at least not until you mentioned it !

But I'll be honest, it's made me very curious to sit in a cabin just to see what the difference is like. Hopefully I'll get to try at a meet.

Appreciate all the input 👌🏻
MY2018, P380, AWD in British Racing Green and howls like a demented werewolf :twisted:
BobHarrington

Post by BobHarrington »

I think it transforms the car. It makes the cabin feel light & spacious, and without, it feels cramped and dark. Spoken to a number of salesmen at A/D’s and they all tell me that without the pano roof a used car is much more difficult to sell, and hence worth much less than the cost of the roof when specified new.
IvoDC

Post by IvoDC »

When I was looking out for an F-type, I especially wanted one without the pano roof. I had a similar panel on one of my old cars. And allthough I loved riding it on a clear night under the stars, I cursed the glass roof driving it in a hot summer or in the South of Europe on holidays.

As for the looks it depends on the color I think. Personally , looking at my car, I prefer the roof in body color. It shows the body lines beautifully.
As for the people getting claustrophobia. Go seeing a psychologist :-) :-) . I like sitting in a dark enclosed interior as low to the floor as possible. It gives me a cozy and safe feeling ;-) :-)

Jaguar+F-Type20201.jpg

Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic Coupé MY21 - Silicon Silver - Black Pack
KM69MZX

Post by KM69MZX »

Kev wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:54 am [smugmode]I've got the panoramic roof on a black car so it doesn't detract from the look[/smugmode]
Agreed. Pano roof on a black car wouldn't detract. But for me that's the one exception. Enjoy smug mode :lol:
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Each to their own but it's a must have in an F-Type for me. As mentioned, transforms the cabin feel and I always want a car interior to be as bright and airy as possible. I very rarely close mine and you do look out through it for instance when driving in the Alps. It's actually often also a bit handy to see traffic lights.

Looks wise I always thought the car looks better with the pano roof... one aligned black top surface of the windshield, pano roof and rear window. If I had bright F-Type without the pano roof I'd probably wrap it black for the looks.

72.JPG

83.jpg

MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
KM69MZX

Post by KM69MZX »

IvoDC wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:45 pm When I was looking out for an F-type, I especially wanted one without the pano roof. I had a similar panel on one of my old cars. And allthough I loved riding it on a clear night under the stars, I cursed the glass roof driving it in a hot summer or in the South of Europe on holidays.

As for the looks it depends on the color I think. Personally , looking at my car, I prefer the roof in body color. It shows the body lines beautifully.
As for the people getting claustrophobia. Go seeing a psychologist :-) :-) . I like sitting in a dark enclosed interior as low to the floor as possible. It gives me a cozy and safe feeling ;-) :-)
Nicely articulated and I agree with every word. Especially cursing hot summers, claustrophobia and being enclosed, low and cosy 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post