Introducing

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
AdoptedYorkie

Post by AdoptedYorkie »

Cheers both.

Really helpful comments. It's a leap to part with the cash but I guess there will be some residual value in the future. Particularly as there won't be too many new ones coming out....

AdoptedYorkie

Post by AdoptedYorkie »

Do you find yours relatively reliable? I know that's a hard judgement to make but...
gf15

Post by gf15 »

Reliability: I have had my 2015 v6s since Dec 2019. Bought with 17k miles, now on 34k. Only issue has been the centre vent failing to rise. Fixed with the guide on this forum. No other issues.
gf15 with 2015 v6s coupe. :mrgreen:
scm

Post by scm »

AdoptedYorkie wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:47 pm Do you find yours relatively reliable? I know that's a hard judgement to make but...
I bought mine in 2018 at a year old with 1,300 miles on the clock (ex-Jaguar management car!) and have had a couple of minor niggles that were sorted out under warranty and apart from that it's been super reliable. Don't believe the "Jaguars are unreliable" tales, they're usually put out by people who have no real experience of them and think we're still living in the bad old British Leyland days. The F-type is my fourth Jaaaag and the previous three were also reliable (2001 4.0 XK8, 2004 4.2 XKR and 2010 5.0 XKR). Keep on top of the maintenance (I use a trusted independent to keep mine in tip-top condition) and your only expense will be fuel and tyres!

The auto box is brilliant on these cars - they adapt to your driving style and seem to second-guess where I would want the shifts to occur - it's like ESP!

Enjoy the test drives and we look forward to seeing pictures of your new toy!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

Love Yorkshire and love a pint! Where is this pub please, I'd like to have a drink and get some inspiration too :D
2017 R
South East Cornwall
AdoptedYorkie

Post by AdoptedYorkie »

Jimmyrn85 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:22 pm Love Yorkshire and love a pint! Where is this pub please, I'd like to have a drink and get some inspiration too :D
It was the Fountaine Inn in Linton, near Grassington.

To be fair, could be worse, I could easily have been tempted to buy a house instead of a Jag and that would have been a lot more!
JKFTYPE

Post by JKFTYPE »

Get it done ASAP! The more there are in Yorkshire the better!
V6.
AdoptedYorkie

Post by AdoptedYorkie »

JKFTYPE wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:07 pm Get it done ASAP! The more there are in Yorkshire the better!
It's this kind of encouragement which ensures my bank manager walks in smiling on Monday mornings.
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

The only problem I have had in the few months I have owned it is a lambda sensor in the exhaust which cost me about £75 online. I didn't even bother to get the warranty company involved as it wasn't worth the hassle.
AdoptedYorkie

Post by AdoptedYorkie »

Alas, made the decision to go for the 2019 P340 and....of course it sold over the weekend.

So, some questions if anyone fancies them:

1) Other than the obvious, what is the difference between the 2 litre 4 cylinder and the 3 litre V6? Is it just the romantic in me that wants the V6 or is there an actual difference between the two?

2) Pan roof. I'm not convinced. I like the idea of more light in the cabin but feels it would harm the overall external aesthetic?

As you can tell, my second option to the P340 is a 2019 P300 with Pan roof.

Either that or I wait it out (which I know is the right answer but it's not the fun answer)