Carbon brake mounting pins

Anything F-Type related......
Kuhli007

Post by Kuhli007 »

Thank you for all the great answers.
I love forums like this.

Unfortunately the previous owner had removed the pins from the trunk.

Greetings Frank
MJ2016 R V8 Rhodium Silver

genp729

Post by genp729 »

simpleR wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 am I'm confused.

I was presuming you would remove two of the five studs, install said rods, then remove the other studs and wheel slides off over the rods without falling off or hitting caliper.

Hence you would need a threaded end.
A picture will be more helpfull than words here I think

t2r17023.jpg

To remove a wheel stud you would have to unbolt the hub bearing carrier from the suspension leg and even then the wheel studs are splined and press fit into the hub flange so there is no thread in which to fit a 'male' guide rod.

Therefore you need to use a 'female' threaded guide rod that fits over the existing wheel stud.

The SVR is no different, all F-Types have M12 1.5 pitch wheel studs.
2018 V6 R-Dynamic in Silicon Silver with Black Pack.  6% SC Pulley, VAP 200 cats, Mina Gallery full intake with Injen Dry performance filters.  Eibach springs, OE carbon rear diffuser
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

Frank, I have looked closely on mines, no ref can be seen.
Length is circa 15cm.
I have already removed / refitted wheels without using the pins, but paying very close attention to not hitting the discs, not at all that difficult.
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx
Kuhli007

Post by Kuhli007 »

Hello Ralph,

thank you for an experience.

These are my first carbon brakes and you are of course right, with caution it should be done. ;-)
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Kuhli007 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:53 pm my Jag has the carbon brake system.
Unfortunately, the mounting pins were missing from the car if you want to remove the wheel.

Would anyone have a part number for me?
I've already searched half the internet ;-)
The part number is T2R9918 as shown here...
https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

A quick search and....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255342800678

https://britcar.com/product.php/398813/ ... pport_mand

Come to think of it....if these guiding pins for wheel removal & refit are suitable for my own car (I think they should be) which has 19 inch Propellers and the Jaguar High Performance Braking System with red calipers, they'll be really handy. I have to be very careful when removing the wheels and refitting them as they can easily catch against the brake calipers (especially the fronts) and mark the red paint!

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

genp729 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:01 pm One of the most difficult items I've ever tried to source. I don't have carbon brakes, but having struggled to fit the 20 inch wheels over wheel studs while trying to avoid striking the caliper, I set out to locate a suitable set of mounting pins. The item you require is a M12x1.5 (female) wheel stud alignment guide. Absolutely nothing in UK or Europe. While there were some listed on US sites, they were either out of stock or ridiculous shipping and import fees. Finally found original manufacturer on Alibaba, see --> https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 2fc2SEkSqP

Although priced in bulk, you can order one set by placing order for a 'Sample'. Payment is in USD, came to $41 including shipping and VAT, plus fairly quick delivery from China. Used them few times now and has made wheel changes so much easier.

Hope this helps
When you use the ‘Wheel Hanger Sleeves’ that you bought on Alibaba, do you fit two of them onto the wheel studs (see image at the start of this topic) or just one as the guy does in the Alibaba link you posted? Reason I ask is, if only one is used that’s a lot of pressure going onto the elongated stud from the weight of the wheel and it could damage it?

As shown in my previous reply, the guiding pin is available from Jaguar (part number T2R9918). Although it's for cars with the carbon ceramic braking system I would think it would also be suitable for cars without it?

What do you reckon?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, certainly use 2 stud extensions after going to all that trouble.
If only 1 was used there’s a real danger of the wheel doing a pendulum movement once it’s clear of the other 4 studs.
The rears especially can be pretty heavy and you don’t want a sudden weight shift no matter what brake type you have - probably more so when re-mounting and trying to align the wheel with the pcd.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I would use two of them for the reason I mentioned earlier i.e. to prevent any damage that could be done to the elongated stud. Even if one was used, the wheel wouldn’t do a pendulum movement as I’d be holding it at the same time, as I do when I remove/refit a wheel without using guiding pins.

I'd think the Jaguar guiding pins will also be suitable for cars without the carbon ceramic braking system as according to member genp729 all F-Types have M12 1.5 pitch wheel studs. Perhaps he'll give his opinion on this later?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Kuhli007

Post by Kuhli007 »

Hello,

The video on Alibaba is certainly just one example.
In addition, the bolts there do not have an internal thread, as we need for the Jag.

You always have to use two pens.

Thanks again for all the information.

I will probably buy from Alibaba as many retailers do not deliver to Germany.

Greetings Frank
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Kuhli007 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:36 am I will probably buy from Alibaba as many retailers do not deliver to Germany.
If I buy them I’ll be getting the OEM ones from my Jaguar main dealer as there’s hardly any difference in price between them and ebay etc. Can’t you do the same in Germany?
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post