Throttle response controller anyone?

Anything F-Type related......
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Cams across this throttle response controller for the F-type and wondered if anyone has ever heard about it or has any experience with it?

Pedal Commander for Jaguar F-TYPE (2018 and Newer) Fits All Grades: Base, R-Dynamic, First Edition & All Other Models (2.0L 3.0L 5.0L) Petrol - Throttle Response Controller https://amzn.eu/d/0iOnp20T

I gather that a throttle controller makes more sense for a turbo engine but still, is there much point in having extra control over the throttle response?

On this point, I only drive in dynamic mode and the throttle response is good not mind blowing fast but it's nice and progressive. I like to blip it to make gear changing smoother and it gets those revs up quickly enough. When in neutral though, it needs a bit more to get the revs going. I thought that it might benefit from a reset. Does anyone know how to reset it using the OBD port or through another combination or start up sequence?
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

better to spend money on tyres and petrol, get out and enjoy driving it
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Surely this is just an expensive gizmo to change the amount of pedal movement between closed and WOT, or am I missing something?
Perhaps if you are looking to somehow tune it other than the standard and sport modes there would be some value, but not something that feels of real benefit.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

There's a sort-of discussion on throttle response on the US forum, though aimed at the manual gearbox models ....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ost2761712
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

scm wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:21 am There's a sort-of discussion on throttle response on the US forum, though aimed at the manual gearbox models ....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ost2761712
Yeah, I've seen that last night which prompted me to look into this gizmo and ask here for feedback. Do you happen to know the procedure to reset the throttle adaptation?
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

All they do is change the rate of reaction of the electrical input. Seems like you would just be spending money on something that is the equivalent of just pushing on the throttle more 😂
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post